The City of New Buffalo is always accepting applications for the position of Part Time, and Seasonal Police Officers. Applicants must be MCOLES certified, or certifiable in the State of Michigan. These positions may be responsible for patrolling the lakefront, and business district, and filling in available road shifts. Applicant's must have good interpersonal-public relation skills and be able to work a variety of shifts including holidays and weekends. Uniforms and equipment will be provided.
• Must be a US Citizen and at least 21 years of age.
• Must possess a valid Michigan driver's license and have a high school diploma or equivalent.
• May not have any felony or other serious criminal convictions.
• Must submit to and successfully pass a background investigation, physical and psychological exams.
• Must be MCOLES licensed and must be available to cover shifts as needed.
Resumes may be submitted by email to LT. Jason Grimmett at JasonG@cityofnewbuffalo.org