6:30 pm Remote by Zoom
Notice of Public Meeting via Video Conference
In accordance with Public Act 228 of 2020, which provides that public bodies subject to the Open Meetings Act can use telephone and/or video conferencing technology to meet and conduct business in certain situations, the City of New Buffalo Park/Harbor Commission will conduct their regular meeting on Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. via Zoom Conference for the purpose of necessary business while complying with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services’ recommendations designed to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). For up-to-date information regarding the ongoing public health crisis, please visit: http://www.Michigan.gov/Coronavirus or http://www.CDC.gov/Coronavirus.
Instructions for Access
Topic: Parks/Harbor Commission Regular Meeting
Time: Jun 3, 2021 06:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID: 895 0417 9414
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,89504179414#,,,,*257026# US (Chicago)
+13017158592,,89504179414#,,,,*257026# US (Washington DC)
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 895 0417 9414
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcBfAeQDHy
The public will be able to listen to all discussion by the Park/Harbor Commission and all official materials for this meeting prepared for the Park/Harbor Commission will be included in the meeting packet and available to the public on the website. Individuals will be permitted to speak for up to 3 minutes during the public comment sections of the agenda, which will be at the beginning of the meeting. The Deputy Clerk will facilitate the public comment periods.
The public may comment for up to three minutes. Those wishing to make public comments will need to raise their hands or submit written comments to email@example.com.
To Raise Your Hand:
On the phone: Dial 9
On a mac: Option Y
Windows : Alt Y
The public, whether or not they are joining the electronic public meeting, may submit written comments and questions regarding any matter, including items of business on the agenda. Please submit your written comment to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to noon on Thursday, June 3, 2021 and they will be forward to Park/Harbor Commission.
If you would like to contact the Park/Harbor Commission about any matter, on the agenda or otherwise, prior to the meeting, please do so via the email addresses provided below:
• Deputy Clerk, Nancy Griffin, email@example.com
Procedures for Meeting Conduct
For the purpose of creating an orderly environment for the Park/Harbor Commission to work, please respect the following:
1. A member of the Park/Harbor Commission remote attendance shall be considered attendance for the purpose of establishing a quorum.
2. Any vote by a member of the Park/Harbor Commission participating at this meeting remotely shall be counted in the total number of votes for any matter and shall not be held invalid for the reason that it was cast remotely.
3. All votes on any matter at this meeting will be taken by roll call vote.
4. Adjournment of a meeting shall occur at this meeting only on a roll call vote of the Park/Harbor Commission.
5. Emails, texting, or other forms of electronic communications by or between members of the Park/Harbor Commission that are not part of the public meeting shall not be allowed during this meeting.
6. Interrupting, interjecting, and/or disrupting members of the Park/Harbor Commission while they are speaking will not be tolerated.
Accommodations for those with Disabilities
City of New Buffalo will provide reasonable accommodations to those with disabilities. Persons with disabilities who require assistance in order to participate in the electronic public meeting should contact Deputy Clerk Nancy Griffin as soon as practically possible prior to the meeting by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the City Hall at (269) 469-1500 as some accommodations may require 48-hours to provide.
Additionally, Hamilton Relay provides telecommunications relay services for the State of Michigan including TTY, Voice Carry Over (VCO), Hearing Carry Over (HCO), Speech-to-Speech (STS), and more. This free service can be accessed by dialing 7-1-1.
If you have any questions about this information, please contact Nancy Griffin, Deputy Clerk, at 269-469-1500 or email@example.com. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience during this process.