Deputy City Clerk/Assistant to the City Manager
POSITION: Deputy City Clerk/Assistant to the City Manager
DEPARTMENT: City Clerk and City Manager
PAY SCALE: $52,500-$57,000/annually
(Depending on qualification/experience)
Under direction of both the City Manager and City Clerk (depending on area of assignment), to perform responsible coordination, technical and advanced clerical support to the City Manager and City Clerk, including highly confidential duties; assumes the duties of the City Clerk in their absence, process and record official City documents, respond to questions and refer individuals to appropriate agency, provide public records as requested, and complete other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities and minimum qualifications necessary to perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job.
- Five years of increasingly responsible office support experience, including public contact, detailed report writing, analytical skills, and the full range of technical and advanced administrative duties.
- Possession of an Associate’s Degree from a two-year accredited college, with course work in secretarial science, office management, general business, public administration, or related field.
- Word processing, spreadsheet, database, electronic mail, publishing, and other business-related computer software applications.
- Municipal structure and organization in a City Council-City Manager form of government.
- Principles of effective time management.
- Safe work practices and related regulations.
- Principles of conflict resolution and excellent customer service.
- Provisions, principles and practices of municipal structure and organization.
- Correct English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Basic mathematics.
- Modern office procedures, methods, and computer equipment.
- Clerical research methods, including the compilation and verification of information and preparing follow-up summaries or reports.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org