NOTICE OF JOB OPENING
City Treasurer Finance
PAY SCALE: $62,500-$70,000/annually
(Depending on qualification/experience)
Under the direction of the City Manager, plans and directs the financial accounting and treasury functions of the City. Oversees and supervises the work of employees assigned to financial services. Ensures accurate accounting of all City funds; invests idle cash; monitors ongoing expenditures; collects taxes and other receivables; administers payroll and accounts payable; assists with debt issuance and management; and assists in preparation of the annual budget and audit.
Education / Experience / Knowledge:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities and minimum qualifications necessary to perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job.
• Educational requirements include An associate’s degree or the equivalent in accounting, finance, business administration or a related field is required. A bachelor’s degree is preferred. The city will consider any combination of education and experience that has provided the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for a City Treasurer.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the principals and practices of municipal finance, accounting, and investing.
• Thorough knowledge of municipal operations and of the underlying laws, ordinances and regulations governing such operations.
• Good knowledge of and ability to operate computers and financial-based software.
• Ability to evaluate and control a variety of municipal financial services, analyze operating problems and make sound policy and procedural recommendations.
• Ability to establish effective working relationships and use good judgment, initiative and resourcefulness when dealing with employees, city administration and officials, professional contacts, and the public.
• Ability to communicate effectively and present ideas orally and in writing.
• Ability to work effectively at a fast pace and changes in work priorities.
• Ability to supervise and oversee the work of others.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com