Some forms available on the City of New Buffalo website may be completed  on a computer, but may not be submitted electronically. All forms must be printed since an original signature is required at submission.

Auto-pay City Utility Bill Payments


Residents and property owners are now able to auto pay City utility bills (water, sanitary sewer, and garbage/ recycling). Please print, fill-out, and return this Authorization for Withdrawals form to sign up for auto-pay.



Building Permit Application

Most construction activities within the City of New Buffalo require completion of a Building Permit Application. Fees are based on the value of the project and may require inspection(s).

Employment Application

Employment opportunities with the City of New Buffalo will generally be posted on the Home page. All positions require completion of an Employment Application. Submission of an Employment Application does not assure the applicant will receive an interview or offer of employment.

Garage Sale Permit

Garage sales (or the like) require a $1 permit to be obtained from City Hall prior to the sale. Residents are allowed up to two sales per year not to exceed three consecutive days each.

Parking Permit

Parking permits are required for anyone wishing to leave a vehicle overnight on North Whittaker Street between Buffalo and Water Streets, Mechanic Street between Thompson and Barton Streets, and Merchant Street between Thompson and Barton Streets.  Vehicles cannot be left overnight in the Whittaker Street public lot.  Vehicles may be left overnight on any other city streets that have legal on-street parking as well as other city lots. Parking Permit Instructions  Permits may be obtained at City Hall both at the City Offices and the Police Department for the cost of $1.00.  Please click here for instructions. 

Planning Commission/ZBA Application

Anyone who would like to request site plan approval, special use approval, subdivision approval, rezoning a property, variance request, zoning ordinance amendment, etc. – as specified in the City's General Ordinances and Zoning Ordinance - should fill out a Planning Commission/ ZBA Application and submit it to the Office of the Zoning Administrator via City Building Inspector Ed Carpenter.  Please direct all questions and concerns regarding zoning to Mr. Carpenter.

Hawking & Peddling Application

City Ordinance require vendors wishing to sell goods or services door-to-door or on the public streets of New Buffalo to obtain a permit. All applications must first be approved by City Council.

Community Room Rental Contract

City of New Buffalo residents may rent out the Community Room, if available for $100.00. Please contact City Hall to check availability and make a reservation.  The community room is available on Saturdays from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm.  The Community Room must be vacated immediately after the reserved time or there will be an additional charge as listed on the Rental Form.  

Lion's and Oselka Parks Pavilion Rental Agreement

Reservations are accepted in the calendar year of the event, beginning with the first business day in January for City of New Buffalo residents for their use only. All other reservations may be made beginning April 1st. There is no facility use charge for City residents, Nonprofit, Community Organizations or Government entities. All reservations require a refundable facility deposit. Rentals are limited to two times per year. Submission of a rental agreement and deposit does not guarantee a reservation.


Special Events Application

Special Events must be approved by the City Council, which meets on the Third Tuesday each month. We recommend submitting your application at least two months before your organization, to allow time for review and satisfy all requirements before approval.  The application was revised on 2/20/2018 which now requires a $100.00 non-refundable application fee.  If you have any questions, please contact deputy clerk at 269-469-1500 or email deputyclerk@cityofnewbuffalo.org.  


Tree Planting/Removal Request

Planting or removal of a tree in all City of New Buffalo right-of-ways require prior approval of the City. Unauthorized removal of a public tree may result in penalties being assessed. Check with City Hall prior to any activity with a public tree. 

This page last updated on 6/4/2018.

New Buffalo City Hall | 224 W Buffalo St | New Buffalo, MI 49117 | Telephone: 269-469-1500 | City webmail

CC Agendas-Packets
CC Meeting Minutes
City Charter
Historic City Councils
PC Agenda-Packets
PC Meeting Minutes
City Master Plan
City Zoning Ordinance
City Zoning Map
Planning Comm. By-laws
Planning Enabling Act
ZBA Agendas-Packets
ZBA Meeting Minutes
City Zoning Ordinance
City Zoning Map
Zoning Enabling Act
HC Agendas-Packets
HC Meeting Minutes
PRB Agendas/Packets
PRB Meeting Minutes
Recreation Plan
HC Hike and Bike Plan
BID Meeting Minutes
City Charter
General Ordinances
Zoning Ordinance
Master Plan
Parks and Recreation Plan
About New Buffalo
Economic Development Resources
History of New Buffalo
Weather and Marine Forecast
More Apps and Info...
City Charter
General Ordinances
Zoning Ordinance
Zoning Map
City Council Minutes
Planning Commission Minutes
Zoning Board of Appeals Minutes
Harbor Commission Minutes
Parks and Recreation Board Minutes
BID Board Minutes
Local Revenue Sharing Board Minutes
GRSD Sewer Authority Board Minutes
Cemetery Board Minutes
Library Board Minutes
LRSB Meeting Minutes
Compact of 1998
Compact Amendment of 2009
Local Agreement of 2000
Local Agreement Amd 1 of 2013
GRSD Meeting Minutes
CB Meeting Minutes
LB Meeting Minutes
Infrastructure Maintenance
Stormwater Management
Sanitary Sewer Collection
Urban Forestry Program
Decorative Street Lighting
Vehicle Fleet Maintenance
Facilities Maintenance
Fire Trucks
Historic Fire Vehicles
Fire Department History
Firefighters Memorial
Fire Fundraisers
After the Fire
Legal Instruments
Meeting Minutes/ OMA
Records Management/ FOIA
Official City Seal
Other Clerk Duties
City Beach
City Boat Launch
City Transient Marina
Lions Pavilion Park
New Buffalo Harbor
Oselka Park
Parks Map
Sari Asher Memorial Park
Skate Park
Turtle Pond
K-9 Unit
Marine Patrol
Code Enforcement
School Resource Officer
Bicycle Safety
Lifeguards/ Swim Safety
Expired Prescription Drop Box
Building/ Sign Permit
Electrical Permit
Mechanical Permit
Plumbing Permit
Planning/ ZBA Application
Permit Fee Schedule
Charter & Code
City Audit
City Budget
City Utility Bills
Citizen's Guide/ EVIP
Water Plant Expansion Complete
Water Quality Report
Water Utility Bills
Water Utility Fees
Lake Michigan Water Trail
Galien River Water Trail
Galien River Marsh
City Beach Kayak Concession
Galien River Kayaking
Outpost Sports
Third Coast Surf Shop
Oselka's Snug Harbor Marina
South Cove
Harbor Landing
Harbor Pointe Shores
Lake Michigan Yacht Club
Pleasure Isle Marina
Wolverine Beach
The Peninsula
New Buffalo Yacht Club
Yachts, Inc
Harbor House
PMRR House
Dockside Nautical Services
Harbor Country Marine
Mariner Network Yacht Sales
Oselka's Snug Harbor Marina
Sweetwater Boating Supplies
Yachts, Inc.
City Beach Kayak Concession
City Boat Launch
City Transient Marina
City Riverfront Project
Marina/ Launch Maintenance
Cap'n D Fishing Charters
Captain Cook's Sports
Michiana Steelheaders Club
The Harbor Grand
-> Terrace Room
Marina Grand Resort
-> Bentwood Tavern
New Buffalo Yacht Club
The Stray Dog Bar & Grill
DDA Agenda-Packets
DDA Meeting Minutes
DDA Bylaws